Sunday, April 10, 2011

food+food

Lemon Drizzle cake from Jamie Oliver's
-i wasn't too pleased with the cake-first of all, i didn't have a cocktail stick to poke evenly on the cake before i pour on my lemon syrup, but used a chopstick instead, thus somebits have more lemon syrup and somebits less. I thought the recipe has too much ground almond(i'm not a big almond fan), but still got good feedbacks from colleagues, so i will still recommend it, but make sure you use a cocktail stick!!
Instead of putting real icing sugar on top, i just used powder sugar before serving as im not a 'too' sweet person either.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/other-recipes/my-nan-s-lemon-drizzle-cake


Pan roasted Salmon with anchovy rosemary sauce and Broccoli from Jamie too
I was speechless when i put that piece of salmon in my mouth, it was just unbelievably delicious, and super easy to make(less than 20 mins). Love that.
Real herbs really make a big difference, get some fresh rosemary and good quality anchovies.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish-recipes/pan-roasted-salmon-with-purple-sprouting

Adele's Power Breakfast
Ah, yes, my 'own' kind of recipe.
-Fresh apple juice
-Mushroom, onion omelette cooked with olive oil
-Rocket salad
-Warm Ciabata bread with Olive oil(+salt and pepper) dipping
+sun on my balcony
=perfect

No comments: