Saturday, December 19, 2009

Strasbourg-disaster

After work on Friday, i drove to Mannheim and stayed at a friend's place.
The drive from Nürnberg to Mannheim was horrible. I've never driven in this kind of condition. It was snowing very heavily, it was super cold, at least -8 degree Celsius, my wiper didn't work because everything was frozen, i couldn't see anything from my window because even my window was frozen(both on the inside and outside) i had to scrap off the ice while i was driving. The road was full of snow, i couldn't see which lane i was driving..............but i did arrive at Mannheim after 3 and a half hours(it usually take 2 and a half hours), which was fine.
Today, we did something even more outrageous. It was -10 this morning, we somehow convinced ourselves that Strasbourg will be warmer and WE, we can stand the cold. What the hell was i thinking??
Obviously, that was a mistake. I've never felt so cold in my LIFE. I remember when i was in Vienna 2 years ago, it was -17, but i didn't find it as cold as today. At the end of the 3 hours walk, i couldn't feel my toes anymore. I'm serious, i really couldn't feel it. I wonder if the locals can stand it too. In that 3 hours, we walked through some nice Christmas markets, had hot orange juice, went into the Dom and a biscuit shop, took less than 10 pics(because it was that cold, that nobody bother to take any), had crepes. I couldn't be more happy to leave. It was way too cold.
I was so looking forward to this trip, but it ended in disaster, mind you, I'm still cold now.
I still have to drive to Düsseldorf tomorrow, fingers crossed.

2 comments:

rainbow mushroom said...

enjoy whatever that come to u~ at least, its a trip! :)

JoonYeen said...

didn't know you blogged about it in the room! =P it was way tooooo cold, wasn't it? well, we'll pay that place another visit in the near future when it's warmer! till next... adios my friend!